Friday, September 11, 2009

Who is Kris Hanks

I want to take a few minutes and introduce myself, I am an average guy that has a love for people and has always wanted to help as many people as I possibly could. That being said I want to tell you a little about me as a person. I grew up on the eastern sea board never really staying in one place for long periods of time because of my fathers work. I was able to meet a wide variety of people this way and realized at an early age that there are many different types of people in this world. The funny thing that I learned was they all had one thing in common, they all just wanted to be happy and have enough money to do the things in life that they felt were important. I also learned that most of them never seemed to have enough money and were always trying to find ways to make ends meet.
I was able to get out of school and settled in Ga. for awhile doing many different management positions trying to find myself. I first got into Network marketing with a company called Excel. I struggled but liked the social interaction and after awhile of getting no help I stopped doing that company and started with a company called NSA. Now this one was a little easier to sell the product but the team building was slow, all the while I was managing a McDonald's full time. Georgia wore off and I went to Virginia for awhile still managing McDonald's and still selling NSA. I wanted desperately to leave the full time job and only do NSA however I just could not get people interested in joining my team. All this time my upline was telling me what a great job I was doing and that when the time was right the team would come. A few years I left Virginia and moved to North Carolina where I became a District Manager for McDonald's....YEAH! I was still not happy with my network marketing career. I began to get burned out and decided to try sales for awhile to better my skillset as that is what I believed I need to do to be successful in Marketing. So first I took an insurance course, completed it and began to sell insurance door to door. Now I had two full time jobs....uuughh! I hated it and soon decided to try selling Filter Queen Vacuum Cleaners.....wow that was a treat. Now I was trying once again to build TEAM and sell the vacuums. That lasted about eight months and I could not keep the people that I did get in my team to stay so I was constantly rebuilding the team. I became discouraged and gave up for awhile and decided on a career change altogether. I became the Manager of the Banquets and Beverage Departments for the Hilton Chain. This left me no time for network marketing but alot of time to mix with some very successful people in that field, as they constantly were having events at the hotels. I craved success in network marketing...........wondering when it would ever come?

Sign up to follow my blog to get part II of this story!

No comments:

Post a Comment