Friday, September 18, 2009

Comfortable in your own skin!

How many times have I been asked, "How do you talk to people?" or "How do you prospect?". Well the answer is very simple although most will not want to hear the answer. You must be comfortable in your own skin, let me repaet that....YOU MUST BE COMFORTABLE IN YOUR OWN SKIN! So now you say, "Kris, what do you mean by that?" Well let me start by saying that the way I talk to people or the way that I prospect may work for me but may not work for you. You see after so many years in this business I have learned that I can not do some of the things that my great mentors do or that I can not talk the way they do or that I may not be able to carry myself the way they do. I have learned that first things first in marketing and that is YOU must be yourself and you must take what you learn and make it your own. People can sense when you are not being real, they know when you are putting on an "act" as they say. Marketing is a great business and it gets a bad name because so many people think it can only be done one way, so they try to imitate what they see and what they hear. This is not the way to market. This is the way to fail and fast..........so what to do? Well first you must figure out what makes you happy. You know that feeling you get when you are with that special someone, or when your pet meets you at the door when you return from going somewhere, that is the feeling you are looking for and then you have to hold on to that feeling. If you are doing something that does not make you feel that way then you must stop and learn how to do what you are doing and have that feeling. Then and only then can you move forward to the next thing. So you ask, how long does this take? That is totally up to you as an individual. Some learn to master this fast and others learn slower. It is not an easy thing to learn or to put into our routine but it is of utmost IMPORTANCE!!! When you have mastered this one thing, marketing will get easier for you, I promise!
Please sign up to follow my blog for the next thoughts that come!
Thanks for reading,
Kris Hanks

No comments:

Post a Comment